- Q:How do I make a reservation ?
- With LLUMA we offer a simple ways to book a ride.
- Q:Where does LLUMA provide car service?
- You can ride with LLUMA in every U.S. city . Rides can be booked in advance using our online resevation system . Most reservations need to be booked between 2hrs to 4 hrs before your requested pick-up time. Advance reservation times differ based on the pickup location.
- Q:What’s the difference between the vehicle classes?
- LLUMA offers a wide selection of vehicle types in order to best meet the needs of our passengers and travel organizers. To learn about the differences please visit Our fleet page.
- Q:How many passengers and bags can each vehicle type accommodate?
- Each vehicle can accommodate a different number of passengers and bags. Please visit our fleet page to view our passenger and bag limits for each car class.
If your passenger/bag count exceeds the limits, you will need to upgrade the vehicle type or reserve an additional vehicle. TLC safety regulations prohibit passengers and bags from riding in the front seat of the vehicle. The driver has the right to refuse the ride if the passenger/bag count exceeds the limits of the vehicle. This will result in extra charges for you, so please book accordingly.
- Q:What information is collected during booking and how is this information used?
- Any information you provide to us when booking is confidential and never shared with a third party.
We ask for the passenger’s name, pick-up and drop-off locations, vehicle request, credit card information, mobile number and email address. The email address you provide us with will be sent the booking confirmation and a final receipt. We also ask for the passenger’s mobile number so they can receive important SMS alerts on the day of their ride. You can opt-out of providing us with an email address and mobile number; however this could result in a number of ride-related issues like missing an error in a reservation or being unable to locate your driver at pick-up. We strongly recommend that all passengers provide a valid email address and mobile number.
- Q:What is LLUMA ride cancellation policy?
- We know plans can change, so we’ve designed an industry-leading cancellation policy that’s flexible for our customers and supports our drivers. We won’t charge cancellation fees (and any applicable ride-related expenses), if you cancel before the times outlined on our cancellation policy page. Since our policy varies by pick-up location and vehicle type NYC boroughs and airport 2hrs before pick up time , Special orders(Cadillac escallade -Mercedes S550-Sprinters)4hrs before pick up time
Please note that if you change the type of vehicle that you want once the original car has been dispatched, you will be responsible for the cancellation fee of the original vehicle in addition to the cost of the newer vehicle type.
- Q:How will I know my car has arrived and what if I need to contact the driver?
- If you’ve provided us with your mobile number, you will receive an SMS alert to let you know your driver is on the way and again when they arrive at your pickup location.
If you need to contact your driver, the best number to call will be listed in the SMS alert.
- Q:What’s the benefit of creating a GroundLink account?
- A LLUMA account allows you to easily view and manage your current, cancelled and completed reservations. It also allows you the ability to edit or cancel any reservations, manage your payment methods and contact information, and most importantly it expedites the booking process.
- Q:Does LLUMA offer services for corporations?
- Yes. We can work with you to customize a travel program that best meets your needs and the needs of your travelers.
- Q:How much will my LLUMA ride cost?
- LLUMA fares are based on hourly and flat for airport transfer
- Q:Are there additional or hidden fees?
- LLUMA does not have hidden fees. We show you your estimated total upfront, which includes all charges with the exception of parking or tolls, which cannot be calculated until the ride is complete.
- Q:Is gratuity included or should I tip the driver when I exit?
- You are not responsible for paying the driver a tip when exiting. In the NYC metro, you are charged a 15% standard gratuity, which you’ll see as a line item at check out.
- Q:What other fees might I see on my final bill that were not on the ride confirmation?
- Fees incurred during the ride cannot be estimated beforehand, so you’ll see them only on your final bill. Parking and tolls will be reflected on your final bill.
- Q:How are by the hour job rates calculated?
- By the hour job rates are calculated based on the pickup location, route taken, and drop off location for the ride using a zone fare pricing model. During booking, LLUMA provides a rate that is based on the ride staying within the pickup zone. Should you go to a different zone during your by the hour ride, the rate of the ride will be adjusted to reflect the actual ride taken.
- Q:What if I’m running late or my flight is late – will my driver wait for me?
- Yes, but please be aware after the wait time grace period you will be charged wait time. With an airport pick-up, if you’ve provided us with your flight information we will track your flight, in an effort to help you avoid wait time fees.
Our industry leading grace periods are: 30 minutes for a domestic flight/cruise terminal pick-up, 60 minutes for an international flight pick-up and 10 minutes for anywhere else. After the grace period expires you will be charged wait time. Wait Time is $1/minute.
We will try to reach you several times before completely canceling your ride. Once your grace period has ended we will wait an additional 60 minutes, reach out to you once more and then we will cancel the ride. You will then be responsible for the base fare, wait time fees and safety assurance fees.
Q:Does the driver accept credit cards or cash?
Our drivers do not accept payments in any form. Your payment information will be gathered during the booking process
- Q:When will my card be charged?
- Upon confirmation of your reservation, we authorize your card for the estimated cost of your ride. This is not a “true” charge and usually shows up in the pending charges section of your credit card statement..
Once your ride is completed, the credit or debit card you provided will be charged for the actual costs incurred for the ride. A final receipt will be emailed to you within 2-48 hours of your completed ride.
- Q:Will I get a receipt of my ride?
- You will receive a receipt via email 2-48 hours after your trip has been completed. If you do not receive a receipt contact our Customer Service department.
You can also print ride details from the “My Dashboard” section of our website. Ride Details reports are updated 2-48 hours after a ride and will reflect final charges.
- Q:What if my flight is early or delayed?
- We ask for your flight information when booking your ride. This information allows us to track your flight – so early or late – when your flight arrives we’ll be there. You have the option to disable flight tracking, but we advise against this because if your flight is early you may be kept waiting or if it’s late you may incur unnecessary wait time fees.
- Q:How will I find my driver? Do you provide meet & greet service?
- We offer curb-side pick-up as standard service or meet & greet service for an additional fee.
If you’ve requested an inside pick-up your driver will meet you at baggage claim for domestic flights and outside of customs for international flights.
If you’re meeting your driver for curb-side pick-up, please call the driver when you’ve collected your luggage, using the number you received via SMS to arrange the pick-up location.
- Q:I have a small child, do I need to bring my own seat?
- You can reserve a child seat during the booking process, for an additional fee.
In order to ensure the safety of the child and proper installation of the car seat, the driver may ask for assistance when installing the car seat. In NYC, the law requires the passenger perform the installation.
- Q:Do I need to put my child in a car seat?
- Laws vary by state, so you should know and comply with the legal requirements.
- Q:Can I smoke in a LLUMA vehicle?
- For health and safety reasons, we do not allow smoking in any LLUMA vehicle.
- Q:Is luggage allowed inside the vehicle?
- All large luggage must fit in the truck of the vehicle. If handheld lugage fits inside the vehicle, then it is permitted only in the back seat. By law the front seat cannot hold passengers or luggage.
- Q:What are the capacities of your vehicles?
- Please visit our fleet page to learn more about our vehicles and their passenger and luggage capacities.
- Q:Can I travel in a LLUMA vehicle with a pet?
- Pets are allowed in LLUMA vehicles , they must be in a carrier all the the time . Please note that certified service animals and emotional support animals do not need to be placed in a carrier. To ensure a smooth ride for both you and your pet it is best to email our customer service
- Q:Does LLUMA offer discounts on rides?
- From time to time LLUMA will offer customers promotional discounts on rides. Please note that only one code will be accepted per reservation and the code must be entered at checkout in order for the discount to be applied to the reservation.